Who Should Avoid Microblading?
While microblading is great for most people, there are some people who are ineligible for microblading:
- Those prone to keloids or post-inflammatory hypopigmentation. Unfortunately, since microblading punctures the skin as we add ink, we cannot work with clients with these conditions.
- If you have a transmittable blood disease such as HIV or Hepatitis. Again, microblading artists cut the skin so it is our policy not to work with these conditions.
- If you’ve had Juvederm or other fillers in that area. Depending on the timing, we recommend to get microblading first! Otherwise, check with your doctor. Many artists may request a note from your doctor first.
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy. Although microblading is great for restoring eyebrows, we would require a doctor’s note in order to perform the procedure for anyone undergoing chemotherapy.
- If you have any kind of skin condition on or near your eyebrows. This includes eczema, shingles, rashes, or anything else near eyebrows.
- Those with oily skin. Those with very oily skin are unfortunately not good candidates for microblading. Those with less oily or combination skin, may consider a microblading plus shading combo. We have a blog all about microblading solutions for oily skin, if this applies to you.
- Those with a dark pre-existing eyebrow tattoo or permanent makeup. The tattoo or permanent makeup must be light enough for us to draw hairstrokes. We ask anyone with a previous eyebrow tattoo to send us an email with a picture of their eyebrows with no makeup on, so we can evaluate.
- Those with allergies to alcohol or numbing agents. If you think you might have an allergy to our ink, numbing cream, or alcohol (which is in the ink), then you may have a reaction to our work.
- Children. Microblading is for adults only! We do not recommend microblading for anyone under the age of 18. It is our policy at Microblading LA not to work with children, even with a consent form.
This covers the major things that might exempt you from getting microblading. If you want to see a complete list, please check out our Terms and Conditions.